Monday 9 January 2012

The Birth Plan

(Just a warning, this is long.)


My birthing plan
For the birth of Rohan Lucas Wilson <3.


My goal is for a natural birth, without the use of medical intervention or drugs. I believe that my body is designed to naturally give birth to this baby, and to do this, i would like a positive, welcoming environment with respect for holistic views.


Caitlin, my sister, and Feona, my mother, are my support persons, they are aware of my wants & wishes & are happy for voice on my behalf if need be. - Incase of a c-section, my sister will be the chosen support person to accompany me in theatre.


Environment:
I would like a homely feel to my birth. A warm & cosy atmosphere to stay relaxed in. To do this i would like: Relaxing music, dim lighting (LED candles), the use of essential oils (lavender), a special blanket & pillows from home. This is important to me.


Attitudes:
I expect all support persons & midwives present to have a happy, helpful & positive attitude. I am relying on affirmations, instincts and mother nature to help me through the pain, and i would like to be reminded of the sacredness of being a woman. This (although probably an extremely painful experience) is a very special time for both myself & my baby.


Pain Relief:
-Naturally, i would like to use being active as part of my main pain relief.
-I would like a hot bath/shower - Although i don't want to give birth in a bath (i think).
-Again, using heat, with heat packs & massage.
-TENS machine.
-Affirmations & positive encouragement.
-Aromatherapy.
-Comforts: wet flannels, cooling facial sprays, having my hair tied back etc.


Open to the use of the following drugs if needed:
-The gas
-An epidural (if possible)


Birthing:
-I would like an active birth, using gravity as my friend,
-I DO NOT want my waters to b e routinely broken.
-I wish for vaginal examinations to be kept at a minimum- However i would like dilation checked beforehand if an epidural is being proceeded.
-I would prefer the rick of a tear than receive an epistomy, unless a medical emergency.
-I would like the midwives assistance with crowning to lessen the risk of tearing.
-I DO NOT want constant foetal monitoring (he doesn't seem to like it & i find it uncomfortable).
-Positions i might like when birthing: Squatting, using a fit ball or supported up with pillows, leant forward on furniture, sitting etc.
-I would like to see the placenta.
-I would like to naturally deliver/psychologically deliver the placenta, however if  bleeding is dangerous or excessive, birth is too long & stressful for bub - Inject away! I only want the option to do it naturally if it is safe.
-I would like to keep the placenta! (To bury under a tree in future)
-Again, just be positive around me, i wish to feel safe & supported.


Incase of emergency: Just be nice to me please!!
Incase of c-section: I would prefer to be awake & receive skin to skin.


Baby:
-Get out safely! <3.
-I would like skin to skin contact immediately after birth with no interruptions.
-I wish to be supported with breastfeeding (i am passionate about breastfeeding & very excited for this bond).
-I DO NOT wish for foetal monitoring constantly during birth.
-I consent to the vitamin k injection.
-I DO NOT consent to the hep b vaccine (will have this done later with other immunisations)


Notes:
I may change my mind about delivering the placenta naturally.
I do not want students attending my birth.


Thank you for your time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment